This isn't exclusively a commuter blog, but bear with me. You're never going to believe how bad my day was yesterday.
First, I have a huge migraine. Trying to sneak out of work at 5 pm (early for me), and I'm walking through the office kitchen to put away my coffee mug. I slip and fall and go down hard. I couldn't help it - I started crying. (My right arm really hurts today.) Couldn’t get myself together. Sat in my office with door closed and my coworker brought me tea and Kleenex. It was a combo of embarrassment, shock, pain and the yuck of having had a migraine all day.
So, then I get out of here (snuck out at 5:30) and am waiting for a bus. The ones that go express all the way up Lake Shore were all coming by full, so I got on the 151 that stops all the way thru Lincoln Park. Every block.
I am on the bus, and basically falling asleep from the miserable head pain (and now shooting pain in my arm and hip) and wake up at about Belmont and Inner Lake Shore to realize that the rain is coming down upside down and sideways. Trees were all over Lake Shore, and the bus was leaking all over us. The wind was like a tornado.
I had an umbrella, but knew at that point it would be useless. I had on a black t-shirt, white/black skirt and black slippery sandals.
I got off the bus at Addison, and literally RAN across the street, through huge puddles and my hair was blowing and matted in knots all over the place. I got inside and was SOAKED head to toe, like I’d been hosed. There was a guy standing in the overhang of my building and he was laughing. And offered to “hug it out.”
I didn’t take him up on it, but could have used a hug.
My hair was hilarious. Knotted, dripping, blown everywhere. I looked a fright and just started laughing. Got upstairs and changed clothes. Then I realize my place smells really strongly of the oil infused room thingy that I have on my windowsill.
That is because my window was open and the vase with the bamboo had flown off the sill onto the floor (water everywhere) and the oil infused vase had spilled and the oil was now embedded into my carpet. Forever. It smells like the inside of a perfume bottle and the carpet is greasy.
AND, if that wasn't bad enough, I go into the kitchen and bath and see that the air vents that are useless (they don't suck anything out of the apartment, but they do manage to attract dust) have SPIT out dusty hairball-like globs of old black furry dust into my kitchen (4 feet from vent), and ALL over my bathroom. I had to scrub the entire bathroom. AFTER my headache went away, of course.
It was awful. I’m almost glad to be back at work today.

No comments:
Post a Comment