Thursday, December 13, 2007

If Only...


The CTA is proposing, or threatening a walk out.

Meaning, the workers are planning to just get up, and leave their jobs. To prove a point.

Wouldn't that be nice?

After a three week span of you-must-be-crazy long hours, terribly awful to receive first thing in the morning emails, budget requests, deadlines we can't possibly meet, and, ultimately, just plain dealing with clients who seemed to miss out on the "common sense" gene, and definitely are lacking in polite etitquette (can I get a "thank you?" anyone??), it only seems right that I should be able to just...

walk out.

Not that I'm complaining about my job. I love my work, my company is great, and all in all, I've very happy. Even on cold mornings, it isn't that hard to drag myself out of my cozy warm bed and into the office.

But, lately, things have been different.

Instead, I just rant, rave, pace my office, close the door and put my head down on the desk, walk the block in the 25 degree wind, just to get some perspective.

A walk out.

Now THERE'S a Christmas wish I could stand fully behind.

No comments: