Tuesday, June 17, 2008

In a Little While


Sometimes you just have nothing new to share. No new story to tell, waving your arms animatedly as you dig up the most random details. No little joke, no tiny little funny event to lighten the day. And, to top it off, no one did anything too outrageous (this is a sliding scale, remember) on the bus today.

So, you post a Meme. I know, I know. It is a bit like playing the MASH game to see who you will marry and whether your home will be a mansion, apartment, shack or house, but I'm bored, and I'm going with it. Read on if you like.

Maybe it's telling?


MEME Rules:
1. Put your iTunes/ music player on shuffle
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER WHAT

IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY” YOU SAY?
Closest (Look Out)—Matt Pond PA (maybe the look out part is a warning?)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Three Margaritas—The Truth (isn't that hilarious?)

WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY?
Amazing—Josh Kelly (okay...that works)

HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
The Park—Feist (maybe it should read 'where would you rather be today?')

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
Crazy—Gnarls Barkley (at least that didn't come up for what I like in a guy)

WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Thank You—The Calling (not a bad one for a polite Southern girl!)

WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Stand—R.E.M. (maybe that I'll stand up for them? or stand for something?)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?
All is Full of Love—Bjork (well that worked out nicely)

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
I Only Have Eyes for You—Jamie Cullum (hmmm...maybe I'm a romantic?)

WHAT IS 2+2?
When You Were Young—The Killers (ha! the math works!)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
Pilgrims—Widespread Panic (seeing as I'm the girl that moved 1,000 miles away, maybe I AM the pilgrim?)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Cheap and Cheerful—The Kills (I swear this isn't rigged, and he's not cheap either)

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
Silver and Gold—U2 (well that can't be all bad!)

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
I Thought She Knew—N'Sync (I'm so embarrassed to have this on my iTunes, but it kindof worked out)

WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
Scientist Studies—Death Cab for Cutie (not sure this one works)

WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Show Me What I'm Looking For—Carolina Liar (I thought I WAS?)

WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Kathy's Song—Eva Cassidy (doubtful, wouldn't it be Colleen's Song?!?)

WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Story of Your Bones—Jennifer Nettles (I swear to goodness that is what came up...spooky!)

WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
I'm Tired Joey Boy—Van Morrison (yeah, not really)

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
She's For Free—Cary Pierce (I'm not for sale, thank you very much)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
(Nice to Meet You) Anyway—Gavin DeGraw (how funny!)

WHAT SHOULD YOU POST THIS AS?
In a Little While—U2 (how appropriate)

Thanks for indulging me. And, for not ridiculing me for having N'Sync's album in my archive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we have our big meet up, you'll have something to post about! We'll definitely do it after I move!

Anonymous said...

WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Stand—R.E.M. (maybe that I'll stand up for them? or stand for something?)

--- yep, that is why you are my bridesmaid!!!