
Heads up—shortest post ever. For me, that is. I promise! It is earth-shatteringly short.
Just an observation, really.
Why is it that in Major League Baseball, the managers wear the same uniforms as the players? Think hard. It is the only professional sport where that exists. I know that in the old days, there was often a player/manager, so he needed to be dressed for play, but that is not the case now.
Can you picture the NBA coaches not wearing their traditional suits or tie and sport coat, and instead wearing silky uniforms and breakaway cover-up pants? Hilarious.
Could you imagine the NFL coaches sporting tight pants, pads, cleats, a jersey and a helmet? Would give play-calling a whole new meaning. And, it would make wearing that Motorola headset a little difficult.
It seems clear to me that the Cubs manager Lou Piniella could avoid the baseball pants, knee-high socks and cleats. Don't think he's going to make it onto the playing field anytime soon. It breaks me into giggles picturing him rounding the bases.
Though, on second thought, the Cubs could use the help?

4 comments:
I have been watching sports since the Hoover administration*, I can't believe that I've never questioned that before.
(*I don't really know when Hoover was in office.**)
(** Shut it, I'm Canadian.***)
(***I was kidding about the "shut it" part.)
Cubs...100 years...first round sweep = PWND!
There's always the next century.
It's just a "tradition" thing. It's also the same why some players still wear the short pants instead of the long ones favored today.
You don't monkey with tradition...blah, blah, blah! ;)
hey, at least he is not wearing plaid dress pants!
Post a Comment