Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Time Warp


While plotting to find my next big thing, I have also allowed myself to have the TV on in the background. When I'm not watching (or just listening to, as it may be) HGTV, I discovered a little guilty pleasure.

Reruns of Beverly Hills 90210.

The original.

They run back-to-back on the SOAP channel in the afternoon, and I am sucked in. I feel like I'm 14 again, watching the premiere episode on a luxury bus while on the 8th Grade Trip to Savannah. The poor driver. He wanted to go home, and yet we wouldn't get off the bus after dinner for fear of missing on glance at Brandon's hair, one outfit sported by Kelly, one mean comment by Brenda.

The topics hold up okay 16 years later, and the acting isn't THAT bad. For what it was. I still think Andrea was too old to be cast as a high school/college student, because she was my age now back then. She has mom hair for crying out loud.

The clothes, however, make me laugh out loud. The denim shirts! The cut off shorts! The shiny black vests over white t-shirts! The baggy jeans cinched with a braided leather belt! They look so ridiculous now, but I have to admit back then I was smitten.

Today, I caught myself, leaving the room to put my lunch dishes away, humming along to the theme song and double-fist-pumping in the air during THAT part of the song. You know you've done it.

So embarrassed. I really hope my neighbors didn't see that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I love the original 90210 reruns on SoapNet. Sometimes I almost wake up early on Saturdays to enjoy while lying on the couch. Sad.

Anonymous said...

there was a 24 hour marathon on Soapnet a few months back. Lets just say it is all on my DVR.

Anonymous said...

dude. I tivo everyone of those. LOVE IT. :)

Anonymous said...

Apparently I need a Tivo to catch up!! Enjoy it while you can...

Anonymous said...

Oh man...

You need to vlog yourself humming and fist-pumping to the theme song.

That is why blogging was created. For realsies.