Thursday, December 25, 2008

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out

It's Christmas. The season for thinking kind thoughts about those we know, love and read daily.

In case you for one split second thought, "my, that Colleen seems so normal and well adjusted. I bet her family is sweet, calm and lovably vanilla." I offer you the below as evidence to the contrary.


This was a self-timer family photo (plus my sister's beau, George) that we took before Christmas Eve mass last night. Are we normal, slightly strange or really, really off-center?

And, how does the poor reindeer feel to be used like this?

Would little Ralphie be mortified or proud of us?

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good 'jazz hands' photo!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought this family was normal too until I was dragged into this picture and someone put a deer in my hand. Or maybe I actually did that myself... oh, wait a minute, I fit in!!

Anonymous said...

Actually , this is the best photo of me in a long time!

Daddio

Anonymous said...

Love love LOVE that photo of your family. Awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

That gives me a great idea for a family photo when I am in Atlanta. Gotta remember that one! I love it!! At least no one will ever think you had a boring holiday! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Ahahaa! OMG, we used the term "jazz hands" about 5 different times this Christmas, ourselves. Something tells me your family and my family would get along well! We always say, "If this isn't normal, than I don't want to know what IS!" ;o)~