Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Admittedly Lazy


I can't deny that there have been a lot of changes in my life lately. You'd think that would warrant some incredibly deep, thought-provoking, and possibly funny posts.

Unfortunately, (but fortunately) by the time I get home from work, my brain is so spent that I feel like I'm housing a pile of oatmeal up there.

So, I'll share with you an organized list of nuggets that I managed to pluck from the mush:
  • Love: American Idol
  • Hate: When I miss it because TiVo and I don't get along.


  • Love: Pen pals.
  • Hate: The distance.


  • Love: Time spent on the beach in Miami.
  • Hate: Coming back to Winter.


  • Love: My new job. It's finally clicking into place!
  • Hate: That so many are still unemployed.


  • Love: That it was 60 degrees last night at 10 pm.
  • Hate: That it was 12 degrees when I went to work this morning.


  • Love: That I own a Mac at home.
  • Hate: That I'm on a PC at work. None of the key commands or shortcuts are the same!


  • Love: That I already got my tax return back.
  • Hate: That I can't blow it.


  • Love: Realizing that I'm healing and not thinking of him every day.
  • Hate: Realizing that I'm getting over it, and that it is really, really over.


  • Love: Making my sister and George laugh until they cried the other night.
  • Hate: That it was over the phone, not over a beer.


  • Love: Having so many friends that they are spread all over the world.
  • Hate: That the price of plane tickets and limited vacation time keeps us apart.


  • Love: The bathing suits I ordered from Target.com.
  • Hate: The fact that I'm not quite ready for them, physically.


  • Love: Having a blog that people actually read and request more from me!
  • Hate: Not being able to be funny, clever, observant, new, interesting or chatty all the time.


  • Love: That today is hump day, and that means we're on the downhill slope to the weekend.
  • Hate: That there are still three more days until the St. Patrick's Day celebrations!

Come on. Spill. What is it that you're loving and hating today?

12 comments:

Bayjb said...

Seriously, when the DVR/TIVO and I don't get along, I want to throw it out the window. Don't keep me from the TV.

Sarah said...

love: that I got into culinary school... hate: that my future apartment isn't ready for me yet and I don't know when it will be
or, on the same note...
love: that I'm getting ready for a new adventure... hate: that I don't know when it starts...

Happy hump day!

Anonymous said...

hate that I lost my job last year. Love being home with my little man.

Anonymous said...

Love: monkeys and spoons

Hate: Uhm, llamas and butter knives?

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Love: That graphic you found.
Hate: That I didn't find it first!

Love: That I feel connected to you through your blog.
Hate: That we can't make that spill over into our everyday lives (we're clearly both too busy).

Love: That it's almost the weekend.
Hate: That it could be ruined by a bunch of really drunk, stupid St. Patty's day celebrators (sorry to be a hater, but I'm definitely staying in to avoid the nonsense this weekend!)

Christina said...

Love-that spring is finally almost here
Hate-that it is marred by 30 degree weather

Love-the tulips that I bought last week
hate-that they wilted

Love- tomorrow is Friday
Hate-that it is not payday

Lauren said...

Love: You, my caring sister.
Hate: That money seems to be the only reason I don't come to CHI every time I miss you.

Love: That your blog keeps us close and the phone conversations even closer.
Hate: That sometimes I use reading your blog as an excuse to not always pick up the phone.

Love you!

Howie said...

Love: your blog
Hate: the fact that some guy out there hasn't come to his senses yet and realized what a great catch you are.

eliznorris said...

Love: Cheddar & Sour Cream Potato Chips
Hate: That they make my belly shake when I brush my teeth

Love: that my husband is so supportive of my unemployment situation
Hate: that my government check will run out in August (must find job!)

Love: That I am meeting Ginger out for drinks tonight.
Hate: That I forgot to take a nap today.

Love: that I will be in Paris in 10 days.
Hate:. . .well nothing about that!

George said...

Blog mention!

We did have a good laugh the other night, thanks.
No hate/love post, just wanted to say hi. Always love to read your blog.

Melissa said...

Love: that I just landed a great job
Hate: that I have to work and end two years of travel and play

Love: knowing what you're up to by reading your blog
Hate: that even though you're "only a phone call away", it's hard to connect because of a 16-hour time difference

Love: you, my friend

Melissa

Traveling Matt said...

love: catching up on your blog
hate: that i can't sleep

love: on first glance my word verification was "asshats"
hate: when i looked closer, it was actually "ashatess"...booooo