Wednesday, March 18, 2009

You Want Answers?


Since the theme the last few posts has been about confessions and lying, I figured I'd do something I've not done before. No, not confess. Or lie. Not yet at least.

I'm going to open it up to you, dear readers, to ask me questions. I'll answer them in my next post, as honestly as I possibly can.

I apologize in advance to my family, because it is possible this could become really embarrassing.

But, it seems democratic to me.

So, fire away.

What do you want to know?

Don't know where to begin? I'll help.

Frankly, it is your question, so it can be anything you want. Take control! Be empowered! Step up! Despite what the monkey seems to think, I'll guarantee answers.

You want answers? I WANT THE TRUTH. (Bonus points for reading that aloud in your best Tom/Jack impression).

I digress.

The question...It can be something personal about me that I've yet to reveal—if that's possible. It can be a story you want to hear for the first time or again. It can be a follow-up question to a previous post (which would earn you gold stars for readership). It can be just an inquiry to hear my opinion on a topic, a news story, a cultural reference or a random tidbit. Or, it could be just that tiny little burning itch of a curiousity that you're just dying to scratch.

I'll get you started with a few easy ones:

Q: What's your middle name, Colleen?
A: Theresa

Q: Do you like tuna fish sandwiches, Colleen?
A: Not even in the slightest.

Q: What's your favorite city in the world, Colleen?
A: To date, it has to be Prague.

Q: What do you think your biggest flaw is, Colleen?
A: Wanting all the answers right away. It comes from wanting control, I believe.

See? Painless.

While I admit those weren't all that scintillating, or evocative, they were just thought starters. Don't go getting all critical on me. But, do be respectful, please. I won't be humiliated here on my very own blog. That would just be wrong.

Ask me your questions in the comment section, and I'll answer them in the next post. Feel free to do this anonymously if you're not as brave and openly vulnerable as I'm prepared to be. Or, tack your name on and get your VERY OWN FREE BLOG MENTION!

God, I hope I don't regret this.

You're on a (yet-to-be-determined) deadline.

And that's my final answer.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is something about you that might surprise even your close friends?

Sandra said...

If you could only listen to one musician for a year, who would it be & why?

Anonymous said...

You definitely won a huge point for Prague, sister! Nicely done. Speaking of cities, here's a question for you: when (if ever) are you gonna move back to ATL?

Lauren said...

Wow. I just gave G a point for his question...

What is your dream job. Not the PC answer since your boss might be reading. Rather what job would you quit today if you had a chance to do.

Mine? Samantha Brown, Travel Channel... I have seriously considered a Tonya-Harding like move on her...

eliznorris said...

What readers are you most conscious about when writing your blog?

Howie said...

are you a natural blond?

Lauren said...

If you had a dinner party and got to invite any five people, who would it be and why? Dead or alive.

Not to say all don't apply... But...If you could pick just one it would be: attractive, intelligent or rich?

When they make the movie about your life, what actor should portray you?

ATL Mark said...

Why do you have so many shoes?

Where do you buy pants?

Do you root for the Cubs over the Braves?

Would you rather be a creative or client service person?

If you had to choose, which body part would you medically enhance?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

kewl idea!! heres one...what's ur most embarrassing moment ever?

Anonymous said...

alright, someone has to ask it. it's on everyone's mind (yes, even Sandra's). whats your number?

Anonymous said...

Baseball fan, huh? How much would you pay for a game used bat?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colleen said...

People - if you're wondering why I'm deleting some comments, it is because they are offensive, rude and gross. And, it's my blog so I can do that.

Anonymous said...

What's the grossest/creepiest/most disturbing pickup line ever used on you?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.