
As a follow up to yesterday's post "Not So Magnificent," I just ran some last minute, lunch time errands on Michigan Avenue to finish my holiday shopping...
...brief celebration for THAT right here...
and realized that the melting snow/ice from the buildings is really gettin' serious out there.
It was like one giant game of Frogger—using real life tourists!
And, it is the best social analysis of the psychology of mob activity. If one person looks up, then everyone begins to look up.
Don't these people realize that if they look UP, then snow falling will hit them directly in the FACE?
I'd say keep your Frogger head down, and move quickly. When in doubt, carry a child on your shoulders for protection.
I'm just saying...

4 comments:
Carry a child on your shoulders! Ha! Brilliant!
I saw those signs last weekend while I was downtown. It's kind of scary, when you think about it, how easily you could die in an iciclecide.
i cam THIS CLOSE to getting whopped on the head with an ice patty at lunch today. I stood there and stared at it on the ground for a second before i dodged the greenpeace guy and kept going.
I should know better than to read this blog with a drink in my mouth, but I just spewed water on the floor in my living room. Oh my. You just suggested using a child to protect yourself...What a true, vortex-jaded single woman! Gotta go..."Snowglobe" is on ABC Family.
With a sign like that posted on the walkway, tourists will be discouraged from clumping up in the middle of the sidewalk while trying to figure out if they would rather overspend in Store X or Y while stuffing their mouths with Garrett's popcorn. This falling ice thing may be good for keeping the walkways clear and the foot pace brisk. Hmmmm....
Post a Comment