
Because my mind is otherwise full today and I have no stories and I didn't do anything interesting last night and everyone has been well-behaved on the bus and I can't possibly be funny and you don't really want to hear about everything else that is going on, instead I'll take the cop-out that was handed to me.
I'll respond to a Meme that I was tagged for by Robyn who is the sister of a friend of mine here in Chicago. Robyn and her husband are living in Johannesburg, South Africa, and her blog (and her life!?) is really interesting.
Can you imagine? And I thought the trek from Atlanta to Chicago was far.
I'm certain that I'm supposed to tag other readers/bloggers to do this, too, but I'm not feeling like pressuring others to do it, so I'll just serve up myself today. Consider it 20 little mini-stories brought to you by Colleen.
Anyhoo, here's the Meme, and my could-possibly-be-lame-but-I-am-trying answers:
1. What are your nicknames?
Coll, Clean, Cleaner, Limpia (the Spanish word for Clean), Colon (which sadly digressed into Colon Blow in H.S. from the SNL commercial for the high fiber cereal, go figure) and Colleener Machiner. Oh, and for some strange reason my sister calls me Boppo.
2. What game show and/or reality show would you like to be on?
American Idol, oh wait, I can't sing. Top Design, but oh wait, I only watch design shows, I'm not a designer. America's Next Top Model, but not because I have any false impression of being a size 0 or 19 years old or anorexic, but because I think the makeup looks cool and I'd love to see how it all goes behind the scenes. So, since I've waffled and denied any chance of appearing on those three, let's go with Divine Design. Candice Olsen is a goddess, and I'd love to see how she'd manage small urban spaces.
3. What was the first movie you bought in VHS or DVD?
I can't recall which one I first bought, so here's a random few "firsts" as it relates to movies. The first movie I saw in the theater was E.T., and apparently the opening forest scene scared me so much I wanted to go home. Afterwards, of course, I had an E.T. t-shirt, necklace and the ugliest stuffed animal you've ever seen. The first movie I remember really watching over and over was Girls Just Want to Have Fun with Sarah Jessica Parker. I just wished and hoped I went to a Catholic school so I could wear a plaid skirt and rip it off to reveal something much funkier and cooler underneath. Dork. The first movie I ever snuck off to see without my parents knowing was Top Gun. It was PG-13, I think, and I was only 11. The horror! (Maybe they wanted to protect me against hearing bad 80s music like Berlin?)
4. What is your favorite scent?
A good men's cologne, used sparingly.
5. If you had a million dollars that you could only spend on yourself, what would you do with it?
I'd have to pay off all debts for me and my family, and then I'd travel. I'd try to write/photograph it so at least the feeling of wealth (and money-making) could last...
6. What one place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back to?
Vernazza, Italy. A charming little cliffside town on the Mediterranean in the Cinque Terra region. It was magical.
7. Do you trust easily?
Yes, too much so. My blog is probably evidence #1 of that.
8. Do you think before you act, or act before you think?
Oh how I'd love to commit one way or another for this one, but I think it depends. What a wuss answer. I think first when it has consequence, and act first if it is frivolous and something that won't cause harm. Unless you count retail therapy - then there is no thinking whatsoever.
9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?
Besides the obvious politically correct answer of the economy, War, obnoxious election ads and poverty, I think that back pain and communication challenges are the only answers.
10. Do you have a good body image?
Uh, who does all the time? I feel ok sometimes and lousy sometimes. I'm a woman, that's what we do.
11. What is your favorite fruit?
Kiwi, if someone else will peel and slice it for me since I mangle it while trying. Or pineapple, on the side of a drink. Or strawberries, on top of cheesecake. Or raspberries, drizzled in chocolate. Am I off track here?
12. What websites do you visit daily?
Yahoo Mail, CNN, ESPN (during college football season), my blog and top 5 blog roll sites
13. What have you been seriously addicted to lately?
College football, Divine Design (see above) and Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe.
14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
I don't know Robyn, but if her sister is any indication, I bet she is funny, pretty, spirited, smart, passionate and interesting. With a great laugh and a fabulous head of curls.
15. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
Psycho Killer by the Talking Heads. It's a long story.
16. What's your favorite item of clothing?
A hot black v-neck 3/4 sleeve knee-length dress from Kenneth Cole that I bought for a special occasion. I felt sexy and it was a great night. Can't bring myself to "dress it down" and wear it anywhere else, like the sales guy promised I could, for fear of ruining the memory of that evening.
17. Do you think Rice Krispies are yummy?
Only when combined with melted marshmallows.
18. What would you do if you saw $100 lying on the ground?
Look left. Look right. Look left. Look right. "Attempt" to find owner. Shrug shoulders. Put it in pocket. Buy a handbag. (Incidentally, something like this happened when I was only like 6 - in the grocery store with my mom - and I believe it was a $50. I gave it to my mom. Not sure what happened with that cash, but I don't recall ending up with a new handbag.)
19. What items could you not go without during the day?
My computer, my cell phone, lipstick, powder and a ponytail holder. Color me a vain tech whore.
20. What should you be doing right now?
Working. Duh.

6 comments:
Ok, so on my google reader #13 says Gilmore Girls, when I go to your site it doesn't. My comment has to do with Gilmore Girls but no one who comes here will understand why. Oh well.
Anyway, Tony and I just finished our watching of Gilmore Girls on DVD. I returned the last 2 discs to netflix this morning. What a show. We HAVE to talk when you are done.
Boppo. Wish is knew why I call you that or where it came from. Sorry. Can’t help here. At least it is better than the nickname I have for mom. “Woman.”
I want to BE Samantha Brown. That is TOTALLY the job I would quit tomorrow for. Paid or not. I LOVE that show.
Movie nerd. Enough said.
Post-millions, do I get to travel with you?? Please? I will go to Vernazza again anytime.
And I think mom owes you a $50 handbag from 1983. Which by now would be the equivalent of a $100 bag now. Score.
Love it! And love your blog.
Thanks for "playing!"
Fiiiiiine. We are speaking again. I just can't stay mad at a woman who lists ESPN AND college football.
If Natalie is right, and you do love Gilmore girls, I may swoon.
You still have back pain? Either you're taking lots of drugs or can fake it with the best of them, because I never would've known the Method Maven has back pain. (Shame of me for not asking about your health!)
I don't remember the found $50 (convenient, but do remember when you were just 2 and we were snowed in at the Marriott in DC with 24". No one came to work in the hotel, so they would not open the restaurant, and you found a stray tiny box of Rice Krispies (no marshmellows) on the floor. Your dad went to the bar (of course that was open) and bought a virgin screw driver so you could have breakfast. If you could have found diapers, we wouldn't have stolen the towels.
Post a Comment