
The 10 Commandments of using the Subway [or bus]? Genius.
Thanks to this guy at Cracked.com, maybe a handful of people will learn how to use public transportation, and maybe they will live in my city, and maybe this domino effect will improve my commute to and from work.
And, maybe it won't.
In the interim, I believe there are a few commandments that the author left off:
- Thou shalt not sit in the priority seating and act like you don't see the old lady that just boarded and needs a seat.
- Thou shalt not perform the Butt Pivot when I'm trying to squeeze past you and you're too darn lazy to stand up to let me out.
- Thou shalt not wear a purse that is the size of my bedroom closet and act surprised when I tell you it is slamming me in the head every 4 seconds, and I ask you to move it.
- Thou shalt not put your bag on the seat next to you, and harumph loudly when I ask if I can sit down. These dogs are barking and I could use the rest.
- Thou shalt not use pennies to board the bus. The fare is $2.00, not $200 pennies. That is just annoying.
- Thou shalt not box me out while we're standing at the bus stop. It is a double-length bus, and we'll both get on, with or without your elbows getting involved.
- Thou shalt not wave your RedEye paper in my face, flipping each page into my cheek as you read the latest dirt on Lindsay Lohan. Or I may just pull a celebrity freak-out move on you.
There. That is a few extra commandments from yours truly.
Any more that Moses and I forgot?
*Thanks, Monica, for sharing the cartoon!

6 comments:
"Butt pivot." Love it.
Also, I hadn't thought about Cracked since I was a kid. I didn't even know it still existed.
It's times like these I don't mind sitting in traffic in the confines of my own car.
do pennies even work on the bus? ugh. i am still profiling on the cta. you know what we need? new "don't be jack" posters.
I miss Jack posters. You should make one about the butt pivot and submit it to the CTA
If thou feels the urge to sneeze, cough, burp or execute any other type of bodily function whilst aboard a CTA vehicle, thou shalt hold it.
thou shalt not enter the bus without having applied the proper amount deodorant.
Post a Comment