
I have to say, this whole "get ready for vacation" thing sure is fun. It beats a regular week of chores with a stick, I tell you.
For example, my to-do list this week consisted of things like:
- buy sunscreen
- locate passport
- dig out straw hat
- bronze with self-tanner
- find rain jacket (for hike in national park)
- get foreign money
- set out-of-office notices to say na-na-na-na-boo-boo to colleagues
I wish I could say that I was organized and prepared enough to have a post pre-written and post-dated for publishing for each day that I'll be gone (from Saturday through Friday) but I'm just not that girl.
So, you'll just have to imagine the trip. I'll give you a few suggested starting points on which you can ruminate, marinate and salivate:
- 5 girls that have known each other since at least 1991, most earlier, all in one house for a week
- 4 husbands of The Posse whom have grown to love us, or at least put up with us
- 1 couple that is newer to The Posse but will get along just fine
- aforementioned house is a 8,000 sq. ft. mansion complete with 7 bedrooms, 10.5 bathrooms and about 12 plasma screen TVs
- a private chef to make us breakfasts, appetizers, dinners and stock the bar with our requested alcohol
- 2 golf carts for us to use as we peruse the rest of the resort, hopefully NOT to tip over the way we did in 1989 in Florida
- our own pool and hot tub, complete with a swim-up bar and yet another plasma screen TV
- one guitar for late night sing-a-longs with a crowd that really likes late night sing-a-longs
- a sunset booze cruise in the Pacific, Ziplining through the canopy of rainforest jungles, surfing lessons and sea kayaking, deep sea fishing, a round of golf along the resort's cliffs, couples massages at our house, a trek to the nacional park where we're bound to see monkeys, macaws and lizards, oh my!, and many more adventures
- and enough time to really, really get to know one another, as adults, as part of couples, as halves of a whole, as friends for life
I'm off to the country that is nestled between Nicaragua and Panama. I'm off to Central America! I'm off to Costa Rica!
Stay tuned for many great blog stories and photos. I'm pretty sure at least ONE post will entail some humiliating, ridiculous, hilarious story about me that I'll be too embarrassed to write, but will have to by force of The Posse, my loyalty to you readers and my sheer will and determination to tell great stories.
Don't hold your breath until then, because that would just be awkward.
¡Adiós y tiene una gran semana sin mí!
[Goodbye, and have a great week without me!]

9 comments:
Lucky lady! You had me at "personal chef."
WOOT WOOT! I will be high in the sky this time tomorrow.
And note: alas. . the golf clubs won over the guitar. No guitar. We'll have to sing along to the IPod.
By the way. .Walton is the official "fun director". lol
where in the world did you find this place?? JEALOUS!
Estoy muy celoso. Tiene un gran vacacion. Espero que no contractar el dengue quando nosotros trabajadoros entamos trabajando muy duro sin divertito. Sin dias quartos y teles de plasma. Sin cocineros privados. Sin un playa privada. Sin amigos y bosques con fuana extrano.
Estoy muy celoso. Puta.
Seriously have fun. Adios.
Sounds amazing. Have a blast!
By this time tomorrow, I will be patiently awaiting your arrival at Casa de Suenos. OUR Casa de Suenos! Holla!!!
pbciHello, I don't know how I stumled on to your blog but wanted to say hi and tell you I am jealous of your trip. Maybe Chicago will warm up to above freezing when you get back.
Hi Colleen, just stopping in to say hey. I'm glad I finally found another Chicago blogger on here--it seems ridiculously hard to find blogs that aren't all about the Jones family of Idaho, etc. Anywho, have fun on the trip!
Have fun and use your sunscreen. Have lots of drinks with umbrellas or salt...it helps with the sun. Watch out for s..... in the rainforest.
Post a Comment