
I may be the only one, but let's find out.
When I am in a pubic restroom, and there are multiple stalls, and one of them is a handicapped stall with its own sink, mirror and paper towels, and there is no one waiting for that one and I end up using it, I find that the same thing happens every time.
I take care of my business, wash my hands, dry my hands and head out into the main "sink area." And for whatever reason, I feel the need to make a big show of the "I just washed my hands" bit so they know. I practically sing it and/or shake the invisible excess water off my hands so that no one thinks I am one of those gross people that doesn't wash their hands before they return to their table. Employees must wash their hands, by the way.
Seriously, though. I practically make an announcement.
"Hey ladies! I just washed my hands in there - yes, I had my own sink! - so don't you go thinking I'm disgusting and unsanitary and not clean and passing along my germs to my friends/coworkers/clients/flavor of the evening out there at the bar/restaurant/table. Just in case you were wondering!?"
I'm pretty sure that no one even notices, thinks about it, or cares, but I am telling you the truth.
I had my own sink in there. Promise.

4 comments:
A few times while travelling, I find the Handicapped stalls to be so much larger they fit the "Big Man" better. One time a handicapped fellow chewed me, cause he had to wait for the stall.
Does handicapped mean no waiting?
That's hilarious. Reminds me of a Far Side comic where a guy walks out of the bathroom and an alarm goes off saying "didn't wash his hands!" in front of the entire restaurant.
Not sure I've ever been in a men's Handicap stall with it's own sink.
I demand a sink in my stall.
Sincerely,
G. Costanza
they notice. believe me. i'm so psycho in that respect that i might even wash my hands a second time just to be clear.
Post a Comment