Monday, January 28, 2008

It Should Always Be This Funny

After indulging on way too much delicious pasta last night during our Sunday Funday, my good friend Brenna reminded me last night of how great these little guys, Hoops & YoYo, are. They're characters in a whole line of Hallmark e-cards, and they deserve more than their 15 minutes of fame.

I can't help but giggle like an idiot while watching them move around in their color-blocked animated world. I can't help but have fun while I listen to their tiny, high-pitched silly voices take the joke just about 10 seconds too far.

They are just one of life's simple pleasures that must be shared.

We laughed as we discussed how the programmers are probably geeky, hairy, twenty-something guys, who use a digital voice recorder with a tricky little knobby that serves as a voice compresser (can you tell I have no idea what I'm talking about?) to record these things. We also decided that they most likely make most of them on the weekends, at 4 am, likely very, uhm, altered. (see post below)

No matter who it is behind these little colorful friends, I salute them. I'm a big fan.

Hoops & YoYo in '08!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know the same "geeky, hairy, twenty-something" programmer guys put hoops and yoyo in compromising positions when they're bored out of their minds by having to live in KC. Or make each other giggle in delight by saying "Jegarbobmbs!" into their little voice altering tools.