Monday, April 7, 2008

Could Also Be Signs I'm Crazy?

In honor of tonight's NCAA Championship game, here are the Top 10 Reasons Why I Like College Sports:

10. You can root for your team whether they are any good or not. People expect it of you, and I hate to let people down.

9. You can go to a crowded bar, and instantly have new friends (to con a chair from) just because you're pulling for the same team. Works like a charm.

8. You can road trip to various campuses and use it as an excuse to tell your own college stories that begin with, "yeah, this is cool, but when I was in college, we..."

7. You can holler, hoot, swear, moan, laugh, scream, cry and yell—all within the span of 3 hours. Therapy can't even touch that kind of cathartic release.

6. You can wear a sweatshirt, ponytail and tennis shoes to a bar and not be underdressed or overlooked.

5. You can win money against your friends in sideline bets, such as how many dribbles each team will take down the court in said number of minutes. Or how many cheerleaders will have fake boobs. You decide.

4. You can make nice with the cute guy/hot girl/loser/jerk/boss in your office just by asking about how their team is doing in the tournament while at the water cooler.

3. You can officially be a fan of a grown man dressed in a sweaty furry animal suit, convulsing and doing the macarena on national television, without anyone raising an eyebrow.

2. You can automatically have plans on a boring Saturday without even trying..."come on, there's a game on!" works every time.

1. You can drink during the day without prompting someone to slip you an AA brochure. Enough said.

Go Jayhawks!*

*Not my alma mater, but I'm a team player. And, I know enough KU grads here in Chicago to watch what I say. Yes, that means you, Brenna.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am rock chalking at my desk just WAITING to get the hell outta here and go reserve my seat at the bar. please win please win please win!