
I've been asked recently why my blog hasn't been much about commuting lately, and there is just one answer to that.
People have been behaving! I can't take it anymore.
Where are the rude passengers, the terrible drivers, the butt pivoters, the horrendous smells, or the really fat people?
All this well-behavin' gives me no material for dissection, no topics for fodder. Did everyone get a copy of Emily Post's book while I wasn't looking? Is the threat of summer infecting everyone with such good vibes that we're actually being POLITE to one another? Are we just so glad that we're able to ride public transit while the gas prices are nearing $6 a gallon?
Can't someone just throw a fit on the 145 bus? Could I get a traffic incident that incites the mob mentality? May I please have a cranky old person to yell at a young, fit passenger rudely sitting in the disabled/priority seating?
Great, thanks.
*Side note: Due to the unfortunate lack of commuting material, I've been pondering changing the name of the blog to something more universal. Thoughts?

5 comments:
New blog name:
(Deep) Thoughts from the va-jay-jay couch.
Vigina Couch Monologue
Honestly, you are still in Chicago, still a commuter and still commenting on things. The placement of Commentary does not automatically apply it to commuter commenting. You could just be a Chicago Commuter Commenting, instead of a Chicago Commuter Commenting on Commuting. Point here is, no name change is necessary!
Though I do like-
Backtalk and Backtracks: Sagas of a Long-Winded Girl in an equally Windy City.
Haha. You know I love (making fun of) you! xx
Jen - that's actually pretty good!! Hmmmmm.....
Jenny...keep writing those thoughts down.
I am pretty sure comment #3 was my mom encouraging one of my oldest and dearest friends to continue making fun of me. Way to be supportive! :)
Post a Comment