I have taken the day off today from work, solely to accomplish those personal to-do list items that you rarely get to when the weekend hits. And, the traffic to maneuver this city is so much better on a Friday than mid-day chaos on a Saturday.I spent 2 hours (and way too much money) at Target this morning. I think I touched at least one item on every rack, and scanned each aisle, just in case. People stared at me because I was just so, well, happy. Just to be there. I'm fairly sure that one store shouldn't bring someone so much pleasure. Even the pouring rain and heavy bags couldn't damper my mood.
So, while you twitter away the last few working hours of the week, I'm off to cross things off my to-do list, begin the four loads of laundry staring at me, affix the wheels to my spanking new granny cart and switch out the seasonal wardrobes.
Before you go picturing me standing in a Gap-sized organized closet with remote controlled moving racks, please know that this process is more like this: grab the Rubbermaid totes from the creepy storage unit upstairs, unload the cute spring and summer clothes I forgot I owned, drag them back up filled with sweaters and boots, and pray the whole way down that the weather won't turn nasty again.
Because I just can't handle snow in May. Or, another trip to the storage unit before October.
Oooh! I just spotted my flip flops! A gift from God, especially after a winter where we got 75 days of snow.

2 comments:
Target provokes that reaction in me. I don't get to visit enough!
Target is my favorite. In college I could see a brand new Super Target from my bedroom window, which was defintely a dream come true...especially with Mom's credit card. It is almost impossible for me to walk out of there in less than an hour and at least $100 later.
As for the wardrobe switch, I haven't done it yet. You think packing for a trip is bad? It's like Christmas every time I get those bins of summer clothes out. I have to try things on and get reaquainted with the foreign summer wardrobe. And yes, I have a wool sweater on today. I cannot wait for flip flop weather!!!!
Post a Comment