Friday, May 23, 2008

Roll Call (a.k.a. Commentapalooza)

Hey everyone,

I know this sounds very self-serving, and it just might be. Lately, I've noticed my sitemeter count is up to more than 8,000 hits. And those can't all be my Mom.

And, at a recent networking event and a social event and a company meeting, people have mentioned reading the blog. So, what I'm putting out there is this.

A favor. I know, I know. On a Friday, even.

If you visit, stop by, or linger and stay awhile, do you mind leaving me a comment, just to let me know you're here? It isn't a way of me pulling a Big Brother, but on the contrary. More of a "who's who" of the visitors. If you want to remain anonymous, by all means.

It's like the guest book at a wedding. The bride and groom know who they invited. They may have even stopped by your table to greet you. They saw the photos of the reception. And laughed at the drunk uncle or the scantily clad cousin. But it can never hurt to see the names of those who attended in writing, documented forever in the cheesy white padded puffy guest book now, can it?

But, please don't stress yourself out by thinking "I can only comment if I have something witty to say." Not at all. Here, I'll do YOU a favor and provide you with some standard auto-fill comments you can cut and paste into yours next time you drop by.

Sample "generic" comments
  • Hey Colleen! Signed, X

  • Boo! It's X.

  • Gotcha! Tag, you're it. From, X.

  • Your blog is fun. Best, X.

  • This blog sucks. No love from, X.

  • Who cares about that topic? Sincerely, X.

  • Go back to your real job. Seriously, X.

  • Can we get a new header? Bored, X.

  • Why the funky thumbnail profile headshot? Over it, X.

  • I'm your secret admirer. Openly, X.

  • I know you. I'm X.

  • I've never met you. Hello, my name is X.

Ok. See? Not so hard.

This presumes I have a lot of fans, friends or foes named X, but go with it. Heck, you can even tell me where you are visiting from. Or how you found me (I don't read those sitemeter reports all that closely). Or, that you think I should stay off the Internet to spare you any more pain. I'm fine with that.

You're on. Comment away!

Geniunely,

Colleen

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a great writer, as long as you stay away from too many punny remarks and long-winded backtracks. Thank goodness you're a writer by nature and proofread and delete.
Honestly,
Jenny

Anonymous said...

New here. Hi!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all the hits! I found you from ihategreenbeans and I really enjoy your writing!

Anonymous said...

I love it! So many new friends! Nice work, sis!

Anonymous said...

just dropped by to say hi

Anonymous said...

Shit, you have me figured out (click - refresh). Actually, I'm in Florida on vaca (hence the delayed comment) so technically my visit on your tracker won't be accurate. Which means I can continue to stalk you (bwahahaha).

Anonymous said...

From Atlanta via Hartford, CT.

Go Blue Devils!

eli

Anonymous said...

Lauren sent me your link-I like to stop by to see what's up in Chicago. And of course for any funny stories/pictures regarding Lauren that she has failed to share...
alisha

Anonymous said...

You are funny, good looking and very popular!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Tilly from Chicago and I have no clue how I found you (poorest memory ever) but I am GLAD I did. I love to bitch and moan about the CTA, even though that is how I met my fiance. (True double true.)

Anonymous said...

Hey Colleen...love your blog!
xo Brittany

Anonymous said...

I was here.

BKS

Anonymous said...

Brillz.
Heart,
TKTC

Anonymous said...

Lauren and I were friends in college... hey Lauren! :) I was a pledge class behind her. You were a zta too, right? And I can't remember how I found your blog, but your witty banter keeps me coming back.

zlam,(haha...i'm not that lame, truly!)
paige

ps-glad you finally posted a pic of the bf. he's a cutie, and y'all look good together!

Anonymous said...

Now I can stop checking in since the meter seems to be clicking on its' own merits!

Anonymous said...

Hey...who put that photo up?