Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Lies Hurt


I'm not feeling very funny today, and I don't have any charming stories or little observations to share.

Just this tiny little diatribe, vent and plea:

Someone very close to me has been very, deeply hurt by gossip. Widespread gossip. Hurtful, horrible, humiliating gossip. Gossip that is based on nothing but lies, misjudgment, accusations and backhandedness. Jealousy is a very ugly thing, and it makes people do very inhumane things.

I sent this person my love and support, but my heart literally breaks as I empathize with the pain and humiliation that gossip can bring. My stomach churns with the pain of knowing how hurtful this is.

So, Internet, I beg you. Please do NOT believe everything you read. Most of it is garbage, trash created and disseminated to sell magazines, make money or cause trouble. Most of it has very little to do with the truth. And, the people who associate themselves with it are just as low as you can be.

And, please silently send good karma out there into oblivion for my loved one. Today is the day for the loving and kind thoughts of strangers to lift one up from the depths of yuck.

This person knows how I feel, how much I care, and how much I faith, belief and support I have, and for that, I am proud.

Nasty gossip, and authors/spreaders of it, be damned. You'll get your due.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, this sounds like an ugly situation, indeed. Hope things get better soon.

Anonymous said...

I hate this stuff. I say my thank you's a few times a week that we've somehow stumbled into such an amazingly supportive group of people. To hear some of the negativity out there really breaks my heart.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. I hope things get better super quickly for your friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm a big believer in karma. And am currently sending out nasty vibes to all the bad people in the world. Boo.

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for this to subside and to get back this wonderful summer.