Tuesday, January 15, 2008

All Aboard, Auntie Em

Sales Tax and Seniors and Funding, oh my!

It seems that The Wizard, er, Governor Blagojevich has hastily added free CTA rides for seniors to the newly passed legislation to fund the transit organization in peril.

This last minute, politically motivated add-on will inevitably stimy the bill's passing, and will result in not only a sales tax increase, but also a proposed fare increase for CTA riders.

Exactly who does that help?

I know, I know. Pay no attention to the politician behind the curtain.

Only in Chicago. There's no place like home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even describe how mad I am that all those old buggers will be riding for free.

Anonymous said...

I just ride home, every night, squashed onto the 148 with sixty or seventy other people and think -

What the hell would people do if Doomsday ever did happen?

Governor Rod's days in office are numbered. Perhaps that is the only good to come out of this.

Anonymous said...

What is a fire increase? Will fire-starting anarchists take over the rails?