Wednesday, January 23, 2008

As if I Needed This

Last night, I reached into the pocket of a lightweight coat I haven't worn in a while, and found the lip balm that I purchased while vacationing in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico, in early November.

It's a great, basic lip balm, with a solid 30 SPF, and I was glad to find it. It's a Mexican brand, and the words are all in Spanish, which lends it some "international coolness."

I immediately open the cap to put some on my sadly winterized chapped lips, only to realize something very bittersweet.

It was covered in sand.

Not pocket lint. Not dust. Not dirt.

Mexican beach sand.

Torture. As if I needed that, while the snow and temperatures continue to fall here in Chicago. All I could do was take that opportunity to daydream about how perfecto our trip was, and mentally plan my next warm weather vacation.

And, yes, I used it anyway. That's what thumbs are for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo. I am so sad... I was forced to go to the beach... wah.