This post proves that love is sometimes thicker than...sewage?
A guy in Virgina and his wife were cleaning an office building this weekend for extra money, and in preparation of the job, the wife took off her wedding ring while walking across the parking lot. She dropped it, and it rolled right into a sewer.
She panicked, and her husband dove into action. Quite literally.
He stripped down to his skivvies, took off the metal sewer grate, and climbed down in. He told the news reporter who covered the story that there were fish and "unidentifiable floaty things" down there in the mucky, murky, nasty water.
No luck.
The guy, clearly a devoted husband or supremely stubborn, goes to the store, buys a scuba-diving wet suit, fashions a metal screen MacGyver style, and goes back down the drain.
Still no luck.
He calls the professionals in, and they go to town pumping out the water using a sifting screen, and they eventually score the ring. (What did THAT cost the taxpayers?) By this time Wife was watching this all unfold on the local news. Husband (and his clever determination) saves the ring!
Seven years of marriage has either taught him that the ring is the symbol for their love and it was worth saving, or that his wife is not one to mess with, or that diamonds are clearly worth their weight in...sewage?
Husband clearly gets to milk this one for quite some time, and I'd bet he's having fun while doing so. I'm picturing lots of remote-control-hogging, guilt-free boys nights out, no-dishes duty, fatty-food-laden-dinners, and lots and lots of lovin'.
Cause that's what he deserves.

2 comments:
EEEWWWW
I agree, EWW. But I do remember a quick little trip into the Winters Hill Drive drain at about age 10 with the good ol' neighbor Ashley Harvey. I have to love that THIS was the highlight of my entire day that day. Man, life was easy then.
Post a Comment