I have a confession to make. Without a doubt, I have an unhealthy attachment to the internet.
Clearly, working online, emailing, FTPing, and browsing come in handy at work, and actually increase and stimulate productivity.
The unhealthy part is the other part. The part where I spend time just browsing.
I can justify it—who can't—but this part includes reading other blogs (research?), shopping online (retail therapy?), scanning news sites (education?), visiting MySpace and Facebook (networking?) and other assorted activities.
No. Not THOSE kind of online activities.
And, lest we forget, writing this blog (creative expression?).
But, the truth is, when you lose access to the internet, your world feels smaller. You feel lost. Less productive. Less connected. Like a timid country mouse stuck in Times Square.
We've had Comcast issues at our office since Tuesday, on and off, but it has been down consistently since about 11 am yesterday, rendering us all fairly useless. I mean it—come to my office and you'll see people wandering the halls, visiting in clumps, trying on new clothes, reading the horoscopes, and just plain staring at the walls.
It is bad. Unhealthy. Embarrassing, really.
I must also confess that this post is being written from a comfy chair in Panera Bread, using their free WiFi, while nursing a chai tea latte. I even post-dated yesterday's blog to fool you all, and feel more complete as a human being.
Let's face it—some attachments are just too strong to break.
And, quite sadly, a lot of my loyal readers are coworkers, so I guess this post will just collect dust. *sigh*

1 comment:
Hilarious. You better get a muffin to go with that latte, or better yet, a brownie!!
Vicki
Post a Comment