Thursday, March 27, 2008

Battle of the Bulge

Coming back from lunch today I noticed that the Lakeshore Athletic Club sign on the exterior of the building is missing the "O."

Guess they've lost the donut around the middle?

Good for them. I'm still working on it.

Incidentally, just working in and living in a building that has a free gym does not automatically cause you to lose those extra winter pounds. I think you actually have to go inside, and gulp, WORK OUT.

That's the part I hate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I, the person who has laughed at people who work out, can get up 2 days a week for a 530am work out I KNOW you can do it!

Until 7 weeks ago my motto was “I only run if someone is chasing me”. Now it’s no big deal for me to get on a the treadmill and crank out a couple of miles. (mind you I don’t do anymore than that!) I have been working out 4 times a week since I joined the gym down the street. It does take getting into a routine and studies show that it takes a MINIMUM of 21 days to create that routine.

I made it past the cut-off point and something freaky happened and I actually ENJOY working out. I feel like aliens have taken over my body or something.

So get on it Snell. If this slacker can do it I know you can!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I'm sitting on my sofa, I get up, turn my treadmill on and then collapse back down on my couch. An hour later I turn the machine off and voila, I've worked out.