Thursday, March 20, 2008

Look Sharp

My mom and sister arrive today, and are actually on the ground in Chicago as we speak. They're riding the famed Orange Line from Midway, so hopefully no one flashes them as they cruise past the Pulaski stop (see yesterday's post if you have no idea what I'm referencing).

I have a full weekend of sight-seeing, wine-drinking and food-eating planned, including a trip out to Oak Park to see the Frank Llloyd Wright home and studio, as well as a walking tour of the homes in the area he designed.

And, then...

The forecasters announced that we're to get 4-9" of snow tomorrow.

It goes without saying that I'm over it.

But, I did scrub, clean, vaccuum, spritz, spray and dust my condo within an inch of MY life in preparation for their visit, so if we have to stay home and, ahem, complete house projects so be it.

The list on the fridge is a mere coincidence, Mom, I promise. And, the Home Depot credit card laying out? Yeah, I leave that there all the time. No, no, I'm not asking you to...oh, you'd like to help? Well grab your pre-printed monogrammed waist apron and protective eyewear and let's get busy.

**Update as of Monday, post-weekend: We DID get snow on Friday, and we DID finish all 6 house projects I had on my list, plus one or two that I hadn't even thought of. My Mom and sister sure are handy. Maybe I could rent them out by the hour on their next visit?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love family visits...no better way to get an apartment clean than knowing loved ones are on their way :)

Anonymous said...

Have an awesome weekend with your mom and sister. There is nothing better than a mother-daughter-sister weekend!

I must admit that the previous post grossed me out but also made me laugh.

Melissa