Sometimes it doesn't take much to get me to giggle. Take this morning, for instance.As the bus pulled up, I anticipated the usual monotone, computerized voice to tell me what route I was boarding. Instead, I was treated to a case of the cartoon voice in a garbled, Chipmunks high-speed, high-pitched delivery. You couldn't even make out one word.
I laughed out loud. The bus driver just smiled, shook his head and said, "I'm driving the Looney Toons bus today."
Then, I tried to pass my ChicagoCard in front of the card reader to pay my fare, and the bus driver chimed in again, "It's broken. Free ride on the Looney Toons express, honey." Score!
So, I giggled again and sat down.
The best part was when the automated, computerized messages came on every block or so. The entire bus broke into laughter as the Chipmunks on crack delivered some standard message about being polite while using your cell phone, or exiting through the rear of the bus. It is nice to hear a large group of usually quiet, grumpy and introverted commuters giggling in a symphony of pleasant noises. Rare, and nice.
It was a great way to start the day.
I only wish I had audio recorded the message so you could all bear witness, and get a free laugh outta me.
Next time, I promise. That's all folks!

3 comments:
HOW did you not call your own voicemail to record this? Too funny. Made me giggle, too.
Hilarious. Sounds like a CTA miracle.
New alternative fuel - HELIUM!!!
Post a Comment