I like to see the best in every situation, and sometimes it takes a bit of hard work to find it, and other times you just know.
This time was obvious.
Forget the wet jeans. Ignore the grey slush along every curb. Just disregard the salty roads and filthy cars. Totally let yourself get past the fridgid wind and horrid temperatures.
Enter: the optimist.
One reason to love huge snow storms, and the cold winters here in Chicago, is the simple fact that when hosting a party you can fit more in the fridge.
Why is that, you ask? Are the refrigerators bigger here? Nope.
Because there are front balconies* and back porches that keep your beer nice and cold. Throw a cooler out there filled with beer, and let the snow do its thing.
Although, to be honest, there have been a few frozen bottles when you forget about the poor beverages too long, but hey, a beer slushie never hurt anyone.
Maybe 7 Eleven should serve that flavor?
*Yes, that is an actual photo taken on the front balcony of a friend's apartment last night during the Super Bowl. Made the trips to the fridge a lot less frequent, and cut down on the chances that you'd lose your seat on the couch. I love snow.

3 comments:
beer slurpees?!?!?!!? color me kinda grossed out, man. but what do i know.
They would go along with my wine slushies...
It was 80 in Daytona Beach and I have bald head burn... I could use a beer slushy.
Post a Comment