In my defense, it has been awhile.
I wanted (or had resigned myself to being) the type of strong, smart, independent woman who doesn't need a commercial holiday such as today to make myself feel "romantic," "feminine" or "loved." Minus the bitterness common with singles everywhere on this fabricated holiday, I wanted to be the type of woman that used today as an excuse to celebrate fantastic friendships with the other strong, smart, independent women in my life. Which I've done for nearly a decade now—with great dinners, lots of laughs, and a few too many martinis.
But then the above arrived on my desk today, and I can't help it.
I like them. And the sender.
I can be strong, smart, independent AND a little smitten, can't I?

2 comments:
That is a nice arrangement. I think smitten is just fine.
It's strange, that women are put in the position where they feel they have to choose to either be one or the other.
I want it all, baby!
:)
Post a Comment