Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Manipulative Mama Part Deux


Wow! That post generated quite the discussion (see below), so I figured I'd do the follow-up, especially since the crazy girl (we're calling her Tammy) is still on the loose. In a not-so-secret part of my brain, I hope she happens upon this blog and recognizes her own deceitful and psychotic actions for what they are.

You know, deceitful and psychotic.

This is the latest email back to my friend Carey:

"Gosh, Carey! I hope you're not upset with me. I didn't mean it as a mean joke. It was a great marketing ploy and 100% effective. Everyone I emailed either returned the email or called me. This weekend I've spoken to about 50 or 60 people who I haven't heard from in quite some time and I think that's great so please don't be upset with me. If you prefer, I will take you off my mailing list and I won't be offended. By no means do I want any negativity from this. Truthfully, everyone got a huge kick out of it."

My favorite part is that she has talked to 50 or 60 "friends" this weekend that have called her in the wake of her "big news." So, clearly this person has a large network of people who would care enough to call her to congratulate her should a life-changing event like pregnancy occur to her.

I think that proves that there are plenty of people to form an intervention circle around her. Why isn't anyone calling her out on this!??

Uh, hi, Tammy? This is Reality calling. Get a grip!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What "tammy" fails to realize is that her "friends" only wanted the gossip on how she got knocked up when they weren't even aware she was even dating someone.

I think she also needs to be taught the meaning of a "great marketing" ploy.

I'm thinking about kicking her in the teeth to make sure I have her full attention while telling her she is "deceitful and psychotic"

brilliant. . .right?

Anonymous said...

How many of you have seen the job ads in the reader that say "Free Beer"? It is an attention getter. Maybe I should send out an email saying that I have a broken leg and garner some sympathy.

Her friends should 86 her from any future parties and recommend therapy.

People have a soft spot for babies and she exploited it brilliantly.

I do understand this person to some extent. Maybe no one ever calls her or returns her calls. Maybe she is the one always having to plan or arrange for after work drinks. It sucks to be that person.

Anonymous said...

Let's say I owned a sandwich shop next to a large office building. Would a great "marketing ploy" be to phone in a bomb threat to said building at 11:45 a.m. in order to have all my potential customers evacuate their building, during lunch, within steps of my business?

This girl is ridiculous and I hope Karma catches up. Plus, do you really want someone that deceitful representing you in the largest and most important purchase you're likely to make in your life? Ridiculous. If she really has friends they need to let her know that is not cool.

Maybe she should buy the Va-jay-jay couch (From Jan 31's post)... it would be a better marketing ploy and match her style.

Anonymous said...

For the record, the definition of "ploy" is below. Clearly Tammy is stupid AND decietful.

ploy n. An action calculated to frustrate an opponent or gain an advantage indirectly or deviously; a maneuver: